top of page
Forest Landowner

Client Relationship Summary

Firm Introduction

NWAM, LLC is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as an investment adviser. Brokerage and investment advisory services and fees differ and it is important for you to understand these differences. Free and simple tools are available to research firms and financial professionals at, which also provides educational materials about broker- dealers, investment adviser, and investing.

What investment services and advice can you provide me?

We offer investment advisory services to retail investors, including Investment Management, Retirement Plans, Retirement planning, Financial planning, consulting, client tailored relationships, and wrap fee programs. As part of our standard services we will offer you advice on a regular basis. We will discuss your investment goals, design with you a strategy to achieve your investment goals, and regularly monitor your account. We will contact you (by phone or email) at least semi-annually to discuss your portfolio. We provide a variety of investment options ranging from mutual funds, ETFs, Bonds, Equities and other publicly traded securities. If suitable, we may offer alternative investments but only those that are liquid and trade on the major exchanges. We do not have account minimums. You can choose an account that allows us to buy and sell investments in your account without asking you in advance (a “discretionary account”) or we may give you advice and you decide what investments to buy and sell (a “non-discretionary account”).


For additional information, please see the NWAM ADV 2A brochure (Items 4 and 7 of Part 2A or Items 4.A. and 5 of Part 2A Appendix 1).


Ask your financial professional:

- Given my financial situation, should I choose an investment advisory service? Why or why not?

- How will you choose investments to recommend to me?

- What is your relevant experience, including your licenses, education and other qualifications? What do these qualifications mean?

What fees will I pay?

Our fees vary and are negotiable. We charge an asset-based fee or a flat dollar fee or an hourly fee. The amount you pay will depend, for example, on the services you receive and the amount of assets in your account. The maximum annual asset-based fee or flat dollar fee you pay us should not exceed 1.75% of the assets we manage for you. The maximum hourly fee charged to you should not exceed $350 per hour. Fees are billed once a quarter in advance or arrears depending on the type of arrangement you have with your financial professional.


The asset-based fee reduces the value or your account and will be deducted from your account. The more assets you have in the advisory account, including cash, the more you will pay us. We therefore have an incentive to increase the assets in your account in order to increase our fees. You pay our fee quarterly even if you do not buy or sell.


The amount you pay to our firm and your financial professional generally does not vary based on the type of investments we select on your behalf. We require written authorization from you in order to deduct advisory fees from your account held by your custodian. The custodian pays from your account when we submit written notice of the amount of the fee to be deducted. If there is insufficient cash in your account, securities may be sold. You will pay a transaction fee when we buy and sell an investment for you. In addition, some investments (such as mutual funds) impose additional fees that will reduce the value of your investment over time.


You will pay fees and cost whether you make or lose money on your investments. Fees and cost will reduce any amount of money you make on your investments over time. Please make sure you understand what fees and cost you are paying. For additional information, please see Form ADV, Part 2A brochure (Items 4 and 7 of Part 2A or Items 4.A. and 5 of Part 2A Appendix 1) and other applicable documents.

Ask your financial professional:

Help me understand how these fees and costs might affect my investments. If I give you $10,000 to invest, how much will go to fees and costs, and how much will be invested for me?

What are your legal obligations to me when acting as my investment adviser? How else does your firm make money and what conflicts of interest do you have?

We are held to a fiduciary standard that covers our entire investment advisory relationship with you. For example, we are required to monitor your portfolio, investment strategy, and investments on an ongoing basis.


When we act as your investment adviser, we have to act in your best interest and not put our interest ahead of yours. At the same time, the way we make money creates some conflicts with your interests. You should understand and ask us about these conflicts because they affect the recommendations we provide you. Here are some examples to help you understand what this means.


The principal business of Northwest Asset Management is that of a registered investment adviser and provider of financial planning services. Some of the principals and associated persons of the firm may be licensed as insurance agents and/or registered reps of a broker dealer. When acting in the capacity of an insurance agent or registered rep, the Adviser and associated persons may receive the usual and customary commissions or fees associated with the products you purchase. We make extra money by advising you to purchase insurance products which pay us a separate commission fee. Receiving commissions on insurance products or broker dealer securities may cause a conflict of interest. Therefore, you are free to select any insurance company and/or broker dealer you desire.

Ask your financial professional:

How might your conflicts of interest affect me, and how will you address them? For additional information, please see Form ADV, Part 2A brochure and other applicable documents.

How do your financial professionals make money?

Our financial professionals receive a percentage of the asset-based fee or hourly fee or flat dollar fee we bill to your accounts as cash compensation. If your financial professional is an insurance agent, he/she may receive commission payments for insurance products sold to you. If your financial professional is a registered rep of a broker dealer, he/she may receive commission payments for broker dealer products sold to you. The more assets you have in the advisory account, including cash, the more you will pay us. We therefore have an incentive to increase the assets in your account in order to increase our fees.

Do your financial professionals have legal or disciplinary history?

No. We do not have any legal, financial or other “disciplinary” items to report to you. We are obligated to disclose any disciplinary event that would be material to you when evaluating our Firm and its associated persons. Visit for a free and simple search tool to research us and our financial professionals.

Ask your financial professional:

As a financial professional, do you have any disciplinary history? For what type of conduct?

Additional Information

For additional information about our services, please see Form ADV, Part 2A brochure and other applicable documents. If you would like additional, up-to-date information or a copy of this disclosure, please call 206-838-3680 or email us at


Ask your financial professional:

Who is my primary contact person? Is he or she a representative of an investment-adviser or a broker-dealer?Who can I talk to if I have concerns about how this person is treating me?

bottom of page